Pages

I'll land up naked on Yash Chopra’s set: SRK

What’s happening to your film with Yash Chopra?

When I work with people I have worked with for years, I don’t even ask what they are doing. I’ve reached a stage in life where I need friends who have done films with me. And Yashji is more than a friend. He is like a mentor and a wonderful human being; besides being India’s greatest filmmaker ever. So, he asks me, “Beta aa jao, picture karni hai (Son, come over, we need to do a film).” And I always reply, “Haanji, aap bas bata do (Sure, just let me know).” He called me a few days ago and said, “Tu toh milta hi nahi hai yaar (you never meet).” So, I said, “Kya karna hai milke (what’s there to meet).” He told me, “Sun toh le kya karna hai film mein (at least listen to what has to be done in the film).” And I replied, “Aap karlo jo karna hai, main aa jaunga (you do what’s to be done, I’ll land up).” So he asked me, “Kapde kya pehnega (what’ll you wear?).” I said, “Nanga aa jaunga main, jo accha lage pehna dena (I’ll land up naked, make me wear whatever you like).”

More details please.

I can assure you that it’ll be a grand Yash Chopra film. But I don’t know the cast yet. I keep reading about Kajol or Katrina… (laughs). I, for one, don’t know if they are doing the film or not. Adi (producer Aditya Chopra) also asked me a few days ago, “When are we starting the film?” I told him, “You tell me when you want me to do it, and I’ll come.” I think they want to launch in November. Yashji, out of love, asked, “Should we launch on your birthday?” I told him, “Mere birthday pe kar do, apne birthday pe kar do (do it on my birthday, your birthday), I will do it.”

(Prashant Singh, Hindustan Times)

Read the full Interview here

No comments: