Pages

Yash Chopra on Budget 2008

Filmmaker Yash Chopra was recently hailed as the most powerful man in Hindi cinema. Unassuming and humble, we caught up with him in his own studio, and asked him about Budget 2008.

I don't know what it's oing to be. But I do hope they take the entertainment industry into consideration. The amount of taxes imposed on production houses is tough to bear, and leaves little profit for filmmakers.

This is extremely disappointing. We need to encourage people to make more films, but when there is hardly anything you get in return it often becomes a losing proposition. Also, not all films work.

That makes matters worse. I have more people working in my accounts department than on the films I am making. That's the scene. The paperwork is endless.Lets hope there's an end to this endless madness soon!

(TOI)

No comments: