Pages

I am not trying to sell any image: Anushka Sharma

She made heads turn with her chirpy girl-next door image in 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' and later set the screen on fire with her glam avatar in 'Badmaash Company' but Anushka Sharma is totally unperturbed by her transformation from a demure to oomph image.

"I do a film when I like a character or a script. As an actor I would not confine myself to limited roles and become a monopolist. I am not trying to sell any image", said Anushka.

"I want to do roles which I and other girls can relate to," said Anuoshka, who was in Delhi with her co-star Ranveer and film director Maneesh Sharma to promote the upcoming Yash Raj film 'Band Baaja Baarat'.

The model-turned actress tunneled into Bollywood through Yash Raj films and since then destiny has been favouring her.

With all her three films being produced and directed under the banner, ask the pretty damsel where she stands minus Yash Raj and she quips in, "Well I am a very honest actor. I do roles because they excite me. I don't make a biased judgement based on a banner. Before signing 'Baand Baaja Baarat', I ventured to act in the film 'Patiala House'outside Yash Raj banner."

(Indian Express)

No comments: