Pages

Ranveer's three year long struggle for BBB

Newcomer Ranveer Singh has a casual demeanour to him; just like the character of Bittoo Sharma that he plays in his debut flick as a leading hero, BAND BAAJA BARAAT. While he is someone who has a smile on his face during the entire conversation and doesn't even attempt to sound serious or unnecessarily intellectual, it also seems that Ranveer is intentionally donning this persona so that he can forget all about the long period of struggle that he had to go through before finally bagging a film with none less than Yash Raj Films.

"Things weren't offered to me on a platter. I wasn't in a position where big production houses were waiting to launch me and I had to pick and choose. Instead, I had to go through my round of struggle for a good three and a half years before I finally got a concrete offer in the form of BAND BAAJA BARAAT. I may have just given up had the film not come to me at that time," says Ranveer who hails from Mumbai and has studied in the USA.

There was a light at the end of the tunnel though with Ranveer finally getting a call for audition from Yash Raj Films.

"The entire process from returning to Mumbai till the time that I finally got a call from Yash Raj Films was spread over three and a half years. Really, it isn't a small time duration," Ranveer continues to smile here, "Of course once I got a chance, I was sure that I would make the most out of it. I gave my best to the audition and there I was working in BAND BAAJA BAARAAT."

Well, with a happy ending eventually coming his way, it would be an altogether new beginning for the newcomer once his debut flick with Anushka Sharma as the leading lady releases all over on 10th December.

(glamsham)

No comments: