Pages

Wedding woes for Anushka Sharma


Actress Anushka Sharma is just two films old and at a time when most actors are vying to reach the top spot, the leggy lass seems unfazed by the competition. Anushka says that she is in no hurry to sign films and is happy with the kind of work coming her way.

“I am not bound by any contract and I am quite satisfied with the kind of films that are being offered to me. To start with a banner like Yash Raj Films is like being born with a silver spoon,” she says.

Her upcoming film sees her play a wedding planner but in real life the actor has not even given shaadi a thought. “At this point in my career, tying the knot is not on my list of priorities at all. In fact, I haven’t even given it a thought as yet.” Though marriage seems like a distant possibility, she does believe in the institution. “At the end of the day I am like every other girl who wants to get married but only when the time is right.”

Ask her what are the qualities she would look for in a guy, and she
is quick to retort, “I can’t say things like good eyes, tall, dark and handsome. I just hope that my Mr Right will like me and respect me for the person I am.” More than anything Anushka hopes that her man will support her and understand the pressures of her profession.

Anushka enjoyed playing a wedding planner her new film and the best part she says was getting together and having fun. “ The energy of a marriage house with people buzzing around constantly was electrifying.”

Add to that her co-star Ranveer Singh. Ranveer and she bonded really well and their friendship and camaraderie extended beyond the sets as well. “Ranveer is a great co-star. We became great friends and maybe that is the reason why people who spotted us together mistook us to be dating. It’s quite funny actually to read about my various link-ups each day in the papers,” she ends reacting to rumours about her and actor Shahid Kapoor in the past.

(By Sneha Mahadevan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA )

No comments: