Pages

Anurag Kashyap disowns Jhoom Barabar

BHARTI DUBEY Times News Network

Writer-director Shaad Ali's refuses to the blame for Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.

Shaad Ali's film Jhoom Barabar Jhoom has made Anurag Kashyap's head hang in shame. The writer-director refuses to take the blame. "I am fed up of people calling me and abusing me for the film. This is not the film I have worked on with Shaad Ali and Tigmanshu Dhulia who has also been given the credit or discredit as script consultant."

Kashyap says they had given Shaad a film by the title of Sangam Mail which had a story of two people waiting at New Delhi railway station. "All I can say is this film is a very sad derivative of the story idea of the script we gave Shaad."

According to sources close to the duo "Shaad Ali and the two writers know each other from the time of Dil Se . Tigmanshu was also an assistant of Mani Ratnam and at that time the idea was discussed with Shaad which was developed by Anurag and him later. In fact, has made two films out of that one script, Bunty's character of Bunty Aur Babli too originated from Sangam Mail ."

It maybe recalled here that Tigmanshu has not even been paid a single for the idea. When contacted Tigmanshu said, "I really don't want to get into this, all I can say is this is not the film we wrote for Shaad. He is a friend and I don't won’t to spoil it." Shaad refuses to comment on the issue. He sent a SMS saying, "I am in Kanpur and I don't speak to the media." Incidentally on the day Shaad left for Kanpur (which happened to be next day of the release of his film) he got into a scuffle with airport security.

No comments: