Pages

Ranbir Kapoor signs a Yash Raj film

Mumbai, June 03: It's official. Siddharth Anand, whose new film "Ta Ra Rum Pum" has done decently at the box-office, is on to a much bigger project. He has been given the task of directing Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh's son in his post-debut film.

Confirming this, Siddharth says: "Yes I'm definitely directing Ranbir in his and my next film. We're currently locking on the rest of the cast. In fact Ranbir is the only actor we've decided on." Ranbir's debut film is the eagerly awaited Sanjay Leela Bhansali opus "Saawariya" which opens this Diwali. But doesn't Siddharth feel burdened with the responsibility of directing this much-anticipated debutant in his crucial post-debut film? "No! That's the challenge that I look forward to. I agree it's a big responsibility to direct the follow-up film to such a big debut. But I'd like to treat every film, mine or my actor's, as a debut and give it my best shot."

The director and the newcomer are family friends. "I've known Ranbir since childhood. We've virtually grown up together. We had decided we'd work together. Ranbir is the best-suited actor for the role that I've in mind. He's as excited about the script and the film as we at Yash Raj are. "It's very motivating for a filmmaker to have an actor so enthusiastic about a project. I'm loving every moment of this new challenge."

Yash Raj Films has done some of Ranbir's father, Rishi Kapoor's, finest films like "Kabhi Kabhie", "Hum Tum" and "Fanaa". Now it's the son's turn. Bureau Report

No comments: